Toyotsu Machinery Corporation (hereinafter, our company) understands that we have a social responsibility to take special care with the information provided to us by our customers and to manage it safely. We also believe that this is fundamental for building ongoing relationships of trust with our cutomers.
In order to protect the personal information supplied by our customers, our company complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and ordinances regarding protection of personal information, as well as the requirements stipulated in guidelines set out by the minister responsible. Based on this, we strive to handle and protect personal informaton with special care.
- 1.Appropriate obtaining of personal information and notification regarding porpose of use
- Our company collects personal information (information that can identify specific living individuals) using appropriate means, and, as far as possible, we specify the purpose of use in advance, or give notice or announce the purpose soon after its collection.
However, where we receive the information in writing directly from the customer, we will always specify the purpose in advance (herein after, these measures are referred to as “giving notice”).
- 2.Use of personal information
- Our company uses personal information (information that can identify specific living individuals) while, as far as possible, specifying the purpose of use.
However, this does not apply where we receive authorization from the customer in advance, or when it should be handled as an exception in accordance with the law.
- 3.Provision of personal information to third parties
- Our company will not disclose or supply personal data (refers to personal information contained in personal information databases, etc. where personal information databases refer to systems which contain a collection of information including personal information, which is systematically constructed to enable easy retrieval of information regarding specific individuals, as stipulated by government ordinance) to a third party without obtaining authorization from the customer in advance. However, this does not apply when it should be handled as an exception in accordance with the law.
- 4.Shared use with affiliated companies
- Within the scope of use notified to customers or otherwise published, personal information of customers may be shared with and between our parent company (Toyota Tsusho Corporation) and affiliated companies under the following conditions.
- (1) Items of personal data that may be shared
- Company names, division names, personal names, job titles, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, company website addresses, fax numbers, and other contact details, etc. that may be included on business cards, etc.
- （2）Management representative
- Toyotsu Machinery Corporation
- 5.Management of personal information
- Our company strives to keep the personal information it handles as correct and up-to-date as necessary to fulfill its purpose of use. Furthermore, we take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the leakage, loss, damage, or improper access of this data. We also supervise employees and subcontractors in an effort to implement appropriate management.
- 6.Inquiries concerning personal data in our possession
- Inquiries concerning personal data in our possession, for disclosure, information on purpose of use, amendment, or request for cessation of use, will be dealt with following confirmation, in accordance with the law, that the request has been made by the individual concerned (or a representative).
(Personal data in our possession refers to personal data for which we have the authority to disclose or to amend the content, excluding information where it is stipulated by government ordinance that revelation of its existence may damage public or other interests, or information that will be erased within six months.)
- 7.Complaint handling
- Our company will seek to promptly and appropriately address complaints regarding personal information we handle which we are received from the individual concerned, and strives to have internal systems in place for this purpose.